Steve commenced his telemark apprenticeship, when as a cross country skier he required the ability to descend hills under control. Learning on ultra lightweight equipment has provided Steve with a unique outlook on the finer points of telemark skiing.
With 30 years of experience, including racing and touring Steve has honed his eye for detection and correction and continuously works on developing fresh solutions of exercises and drills to assist a student’s learning capabilities and overall performance!
Holly & Steve were featured in Squire John’s Soul Stories
Having watched his son develop as an alpine racer Steve is incorporating some of the latest ideas from race training into developing better telemark skiers.
Steve’s philosophy about skiing is about fun and adapting the technique to the conditions and surrounding environment.
- Ski Telemark Operations Manager
- CANSI Telemark Instructor Level II
- CANSI Telemark Course Conductor – Level I, II
- Cross Country Canada – Tour Leader Examiner ’83 – ’90
- World Cup Telemark Competitor – National Telemark Ski Team (Masters) ’91-’95
- Co-Founder of Telemark Ski Canada Telemark – Board Member ’85-’95