There is still time to JOIN US for a SUPER FREE-HEEL WEEK @ SUN PEAKS, MARCH 15-22, 2023! The deadline is December 15th.Continue reading Sun Peaks 2023
TeleForum – Oct 15 2022
Out of a blustery fall day came blue sky & sunshine!
SKI TELEMARK’S TELE FORUM a huge success, special thanks to Host Peter Berry and Presenters: Bill Ford of SPORTING LIFE, Karen Nasmith of SKI CAN, Gord Baker of WEST WINDS HIGHLANDS Touring Association and Mark Kinoshita of Ski Telemark!Continue reading TeleForum – Oct 15 2022
TeleForum Final Shout-Out
There are still a few spots open, if you wish to join us for the Tele-Forum!
Tele Forum & Luncheon
A Special Invitation
Our 1st OFF-SNOW TELE FORUM & LUNCHEON
Saturday, October 15, 2022
11:00 am – 5:00 pm; Catered Lunch @ 1:00 pm
$125 per person, all inclusive
Peter Berry’s Farm (just north of Erin, Ontario)
Key Guest Speakers:
- Bill Ford, Sporting Life’s Tele Guru – New Tele Equipment & Demo!
- Karen Nasmith, SkiCAN President – Snow Turns in Travel
- Gord Baker, board member of West Wind Highland’s Touring Association – Ontario’s Backcountry Fluff
Tailgate Gear Swap: (self managed)
- Bring your used telemark, labelled Tele gear for Swap & Shop!
Luncheon Buffet: catered by Lavender Blue
- Lavender Lemonade
- Herbed Infused Grilled Chicken, Assorted Quiches (including vegetarian)
- Fresh Greens with locally sourced Veggies with shallot Vinaigrette
- Fresh Baguette & Butter
- Fresh Fruit Platter, Home-baked Brownies and Cookies
- Tea & Coffee
Please bring outdoor shoes suitable for hiking on the farm’s rolling trails.
Registration Form: can be found here. (Please return by September 23rd)
WarmUp Day 2021
Mark Your Calendar!
Ski Telemark’s 38th annual Warm-up Day will be on our backup day Saturday, December 11th 2021 at Mt. St. Louis Moonstone Resort.
Registration and payment must be completed by Thurs. Dec. 9th @ 18:00.
- Warm-Up Day Registration Form.
- COVID Self Assessment and Disclosure Waiver (updated Nov 2021).
- Covid-19 Policies and Protocols (updated DEC 2021)
- Warm Up Day Poster
- All participants must present their COVID Vaccination Certificate upon arrival to Mt. St. Louis Moonstone’s parking lot.
- Please see https://mountstlouis.com/ for lift tickets and more details.
- Small groups.
- Dinner option
- Our Après Ski Presentation will be conducted by Gord Baker of WHHSTA:
Explore Ontario’s best powder with WWHSTA
Tree skiing powder snow in central Ontario?
You bet there is!
The West Wind Highlands Ski Touring Association (WWHSTA) is a registered not-for-profit association formed in 2020 to advocate for and support the development of self-propelled winter backcountry touring opportunities in Muskoka, the Almaquin Highlands, Haliburton and surrounding areas.
Our group embraces the enjoyment of the deep snowpack brought to our region by the west winds off Georgian Bay. The region’s wonderful open hardwood forests and the undulating topography offers a beautiful canvas for exploration and, every now and then, a few turns of pure joy.
If you enjoy winter in Ontario on AT gear, telemark skis, a snowboard or nordic backcountry gear, WWHSTA is a group that will introduce you to a new community, new areas, shared information and learning opportunities.
Gord Baker and Jeff Edwards are long-time tele skiers and WWHSTA board members. They will be on hand to share information about equipment, locations and how to get involved with WWHSTA.
For more information on WWHSTA activities and membership, visit http://wwhsta.org/ and find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/wwhsta.